According to Forrester’s latest white paper on Digital Transaction Management (DTM), analogue processes are quickly becoming obsolete and digital solutions are the only adequate replacements in the age of the customer.
End-to-end solutions that address enterprise-wide needs are driving the most significant impact to organisations’ digital transformations. Companies in all stages of their digital journey must seek to continually improve their tactics in order to maximise efficiencies and create exceptional customer experiences.
Digital Transaction Management Matters
83% of respondents from Forrester’s recent survey indicated a pressing need for DTM solutions that was not being met by existing solutions. New consumer technologies have transformed the ways in which customers discover, explore, buy, and engage with products and services, allowing them to transcend traditional channel boundaries.
This market dynamic fundamentally changes how enterprises must act to remain competitive. And this means that companies must build an integrated digital ecosystem that connects people, processes, and technologies in order to optimise the customer experience.
During a digital discovery session, we demonstrated how you can better leverage eSignatures and DTM within your company having pulled in the advice of digital transformation experts in collaboration with Forrester to get you started.
As you continue along the path to transformation, follow these seven best practices to achieve success with digital solutions such as eSignatures:
- Excite your executives about customer experience. Executive sponsorship is critical to optimise the organisation’s culture, processes, and technologies across roles and customer touch points.
- Think big; move fast. Determine a vision for eSignatures that aligns with your business’ strategic imperatives. Then start the process off with quick wins that will help to gain momentum and foster organisational buy-in.
- Embrace user-centred design. In order to optimise efficiency, eSignatures must be implemented with a keen understanding of end users’ workflows.
- Restructure processes to take advantage of digital innovation before automating. It doesn’t help to digitise a bad process. As one respondent said, “You have to challenge why you are doing something before you automate it.”
- Include customers in the design process. A key driver for eSignatures and DTM is improving customer experiences; therefore, your process redesign must include an understanding of the end customers’ desires for interacting with your company.
- Invest time in education. Understand your organisation’s requirements for new technologies, and research how the solution you are implementing can meet those requirements. Addressing this with stakeholders will speed adoption.
- Align with partners with deep expertise in digital transformation. The right trusted partners that offer expertise and transparency and are invested in your company’s success are critical for accelerating and expanding your use of eSignatures.
Webinar: An Introduction to eSignatures and DocuSign
Discover how DocuSign is used across industries, regions, and organisations large and small to:
- Complete 84% of transactions in less than one day, 62% in less than one hour, and 51% in 15 minutes or less.
- Deliver £28 in value per document, including hard dollar savings, productivity improvements, and revenue gains.
- Help digitally mature companies achieve 13% higher revenue, 50% greater profitability, and 19% higher market valuation.