HR forms - employee forms for a remote workforce
HR Forms - How to process employee forms for a remote workforce
During the current COVID-19 crisis, many businesses have transitioned to remote working and HR departments need digital HR solutions so that employee forms can be generated, sent and signed remotely. It’s vital at this time to replace paper-based and manual processes for things like employee onboarding for new hires, employee exit forms and other employee HR documents like the acceptance of new remote working practices.
How can you create digital HR forms?
Digital tools allow HR departments to automate internal processes such as payroll management, recruiting and onboarding. One way to streamline your experience and save time for HR teams is to leverage pre-built digital HR templates. A recent study from Forrester suggests that 62% of HR departments process over 500 agreements each month. Those agreements and forms can span the whole employee experience from recruitment, interviewing and employee onboarding to complex payroll and benefit systems. Replacing manual processes with digital forms, templates and automation can save a tremendous amount of time for busy HR teams. You can simplify the process of completing HR forms online using tools like DocuSign eSignature combined with the pre-built templates for common HR forms.
How to use eSignature to simplify HR form completion
When you choose an electronic signature provider, choose one that offers pre-built templates like DocuSign eSignature. It’s so much quicker and easier to process employee information remotely. You can specify who has to sign each document, and in which order. You can send HR forms out to any number of employees with a few clicks. Here are seven simple steps to sending an HR form with DocuSign eSignature.
- Go to the templates page, select ‘New’, then ‘Create Template’.
- You can scan & upload your HR form into DocuSign eSignature as a template.
- Add the recipient that you would like to complete the form. If you have multiple recipients that you need to send this to, import a ‘bulk list’.
- Do you need your recipients to validate their ID? Add in the appropriate authentication methods to make sure this happens.
- Write in detail the instructions to go with the form, or you can private message specific recipients.
- Tag the fields on the form that the recipient needs to complete; it’s best to indicate which are ‘required’ fields and which are ‘optional’. This can save time in following up incorrect incompletions in the future.
- Lastly, send the employee form.
Discover more tips on how to create document templates.
How to use DocuSign HR forms and templates
DocuSign has already created templates for the most commonly used HR forms. They can help you automate a wide variety of processes. You can access the templates and download them when you are logged into your DocuSign account. Anyone with a DocuSign trial account can access the template library, along with existing DocuSign and DocuSign CLM customers. Here are some examples of the templates often required by HR teams:
- Employee Offer Letters, Candidate NDAs and Consent for Reference Check Forms - you can easily get your future candidates to sign NDA forms remotely and get offer letters out automatically using these. These templates help to get the employment onboarding process off to a great start and improve employee experiences.
- Employee Change Form - during the current situation as employees adapt to the requirement to work flexibly, it’s useful to have an easily accessible employee change form for requests to update shifts or change the conditions of an existing role.
- Requesting Time Off - several templates can be used for requesting time off for holiday or other reasons.
- Handbook Acknowledgement - you will have access to forms that allow you to easily collect acknowledgement of handbook updates including, for example, updates to working from home guidelines.
- Employee Off-boarding Form - making sure the employee off-boarding experience is a streamlined process for all involved is also beneficial. The Employee Off-boarding request form makes it easy for managers to start requests for temporary or permanent employee off-boarding.
There are many other templates available, including travel and expense policy forms, social media policy forms, sales and variable compensation plans and more. Digitising these HR processes avoids manually filling in these forms, then printing and mailing them, which is a time-consuming process. As many employees are working from home - it makes things so much easier and speedier for everyone for this to happen digitally.
Find out more about how to go paperless and how HR departments are embracing digital transformation.