Is it easy to send and sign agreements from a mobile phone?
In our knowledge articles, our aim is to answer some of the most frequently-arising questions around using DocuSign solutions for eSignature and for managing agreements.
Companies across the UK and Ireland are turning their attention to making sure that the business processes they’ve been automating in recent years don’t get held at the last port by a manual document. We are often asked by people at the start of their agreement tech journey:
“What’s it like to sign or send something for signing from a mobile phone?”
What they’re invariably asking is: “Will the effort involved in downloading and using a mobile app turn out to be greater than the benefit of being able to close an agreement from my car?” Sub-text: If it’s too painful, I’d rather keep driving back to the office for paperwork hour. (It’s like happy hour, but a whole lot less fun).
The answer is NO! Not even close. Mobilising business agreements is one of the easiest things you can do to accelerate your success. And, one of the most rewarding. Never mind the time you save by not having to drive in for paperwork hour. The ability to take on-the-spot action is what propels businesses far beyond their competition.
Mobilising your documents with the DocuSign app
When you get the DocuSign app on your mobile, you are instantly able to fill out, sign and return virtually any file or document type from your device. Sales and supplier contracts, insurance forms, liability waivers, real estate contracts, NDAs, new hire paperwork, you name it.
- Simply import a document from an email attachment, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Evernote, or directly from another application (DocuSign supports almost any document format: PDF, Word, Excel, Text, HTML, JPEG, PNG, and more.)
- Tap to place signature fields, text boxes, date fields, and check boxes, to have recipients’ complete forms the way you need.
- Route by email for all parties to complete in minutes. Or, complete in-person signing interactions with your clients directly on your tablet or phone to ‘get it done’ in the room.
- When it’s your turn to sign, securely tap and place your own legally-binding signature and initials into documents.
- Email the signed document back or save it back to your Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, Box or DocuSign account. Regardless of where else you choose to store them, all of your signed documents are kept in centrally in DocuSign for easy, anytime, anywhere access.
Is it difficult to read documents on a mobile screen?
One more question, which comes up surprisingly frequently is: “Will I need to do that pinchy, stretchy thing on my screen to see all of the details of my contract on my mobile?”
No way! We wouldn’t do that to you. DocuSign is mobile-responsive, dynamically formatting to fit your screen size to ensure you really can get that all important deal closed or candidate onboarded in your car, before you lose out. (Don’t forget to pull over).
Sometimes business is more about the minutes than the days or weeks, which is why our customers find the mobile app makes their life much easier. If you want to give it a go, we offer a free trial – click on the banner below.
Download DocuSign from your mobile app store: