Quick Tip – Cloning Envelopes with create a copy
Sometimes you have to send the same envelope to the same person and you don’t want to completely recreate the envelope. Other times, you may want to send the same envelope to the same or to a different person with only slight adjustments. Cloning an envelope will let you do both of these and save you time. Also, if your account can’t create and use templates, this is a good way to save time and achieve a similar result.
What is create a copy?
The Create a Copy option clones an envelope to make a copy, which contains all of the same uploaded files, recipients, and signing fields. You can clone any envelope you created that is either in progress, completed, or voided.
Create a Copy is a great time saving feature that allows you to leverage the preparation work you’ve already done. Once you copy an envelope, you can modify any aspect of it. You can add files, change recipients, modify the message, and make changes to the signing fields.
How to clone an envelope
- From the Manage page, locate the envelope by searching, filtering, or simply scanning the list.
- Click the drop-down arrow to show the actions menu and select Create a Copy.
3. Make whatever changes to the envelope you like: add or remove files, recipients, or modify the message.
4. To make changes to your recipient fields, click NEXT.
5. To send your envelope, click SEND.
Send the envelope the same as you would any other envelope. Cloning envelopes is another way that DocuSign is saving you time and keeping business digital.