You can import your documents into a Transaction Room or My Docs directly from several cloud storage services. This is available in both the web application and mobile applications for your iOS and Android devices.
Note: All imports into DocuSign Transaction Rooms result as copies of the original file. Updates to a document stored on a cloud service will not automatically update the copy stored in DocuSign Transaction Rooms.
Supported cloud storage services:
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Box – (Now supported as of 5/1/2014!)
Note: The activity log will display where the file was added from (Added from Dropbox, Added from Google Drive, Added from OneDrive, Added from Box).
Uploading files from cloud storage using the web application
Note: To select a consecutive group of files, click the first item, press and hold down the Shift key, and then click the last item. To select non-consecutive files, press and hold down the Ctrl key, and then click each item that you want to select.
- From the home screen, click My Docs or click Transactions and navigate to the desired folder or transaction room.
- From a My Docs folder or the Documents tab in a transaction room, click Add.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the service where your document is stored.
Note: If you are not currently logged into the cloud service, you will be prompted to do so at this time. Depending on your service provider and/or browser type, you may be prompted to grant permission to view the files if you’ve never done so before.
- Select one or more files.
Note: Do not navigate away from the transaction room or My Docs folder until the file copies are completed. Doing this may result in a failed upload.
- Click Choose, Select, Open, or Add to begin copying your selected files into your transaction room or My Docs folder. Options may differ based on the cloud service used.
Uploading files from cloud storage using the mobile application
You can add documents to a My Docs folder or a transaction room using either the iOS or Android application.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap My Docs or Transaction Rooms and navigate to the desired folder or transaction room.
- Tap the Add Document icon and tap the desired cloud storage service.
Note: You may be prompted to log into the service if you have not done so in your current Transaction Room session. Depending on the cloud storage application you selected, you may be prompted to accept the terms of service for that program.
- Tap to select documents you wish to copy into a transaction room or My Docs folder, then tap SAVE. Selected documents will display a check mark.
Google Drive accepts standard and proprietary file types. If you can upload standard file types such as PDF or MS Office files. You can also upload Google file types, which will be converted to a standard file type when copied into a transaction room or My Docs folder. The following Google file types will be converted to standard file types when copied into a transaction room or My Docs folder: