DocuSign PowerForms work in conjunction with the DocuSign System to allow you to create transactions that do not require you to send documents from DocuSign.
Note: Powerforms are only available for DocuSign Enterprise Customers. For more information or to add PowerForms to your account, contact your Account Manager or email [email protected].
When PowerForms are enabled for your account you can create a PowerForm from an existing DocuSign template, referred to as a Web PowerForm, or upload existing PDF files with active form fields as PowerForm, referred to as a PDF PowerForm.
Today's Quick Tip focuses on how to create PowerForms from templates. If you are not sure how to create a template, please review Creating a Template.
For a more in-depth discusson on PowerForms, check out our PowerForms User Guide.
- From your DocuSign account, click the Manage tab.
- Click Create, then click PowerForm.
- Enter a name for the new PowerForm, and then click to check the options you want for your PowerForm.
- PowerForm Status: PowerForms are Active by default. When a Powerform is Active, it can be sent and signed by recipients. Inactive PowerForms cannot be emailed or accessed by a recipient.
- Signing Mode: Email Signing Mode offers an added level of authentication compared to the Direct signing mode. If you are hosting your PowerForm on the internet where it’s available to anyone, it is advisable to use the Email signing mode for the additional level of security.
- Sender Name: The PowerForm Administrator is selected by default. Click Change to change the Sender associated with the PowerForm. This person must be a member of the account and will be notified by email when the PowerForm is completed.
- Click Choose an Online Template and select the template you want to use.
Note: If the template is an XML file saved on your computer, click Browse From my Computer and select the template.
After the template is uploaded, the information is automatically populated including the recipients, message, and routing order.
- Edit the User Settings if you want to limit the number of uses or frequency of use for this PowerForm.
- When finished, click Save.
Note: The screen will remain the same after you click Save. Click Close to return to the Manage tab.
- To access the PowerForm that you just created, from the Manage tab, click PowerForms.
From there you will see the PowerForm you just created!
If you would like to to check out a step-by-step video tutorial on how to create a Powerform from Templates, watch the video below!