Put to rest any concerns over revealing sensitive data in any document. Private information – from social security numbers to credit cards – will be securely hidden through DocuSign’s Concealed Field feature.
This feature ensures that only that recipient can view the sensitive information that a recipient enters into a document. This data will not be visible to the sender or other signers.
this feature, you would follow the same process as you would for a normal envelope, but keep in mind that only the Data Field tag can be enabled as a concealed field.
To enable your privacy and peace of mind, follow these quick and easy steps:
Adding a Concealed Field to a Document
- Create an envelope. documents, recipients, Email subject and Email Messages. Select your usual or preferred Envelope
- Add preferred tags
- For concealed fields, select the recipient for whom the information will be concealed.
- From the tag palette, Drag and Drop a Data Field tag. Open the Properties dialogue box for this specific tag.
- In Label, type an easily identifiable name in the data field
- If necessary, select a Mask and add any Regex Pattern/ Validation Error information for the data field.
- Select the Hide Value as Asterisk *** check box to enable the feature.
- Click Apply.
That is all you need to do before sending the envelope as you would normally!
All concealed data will appear like so:
This data will be securely hidden from all other involved parties. the envelope is completed, you may retrieve the concealed information by viewing the Form Data for envelope in question.