Quick Tip: Utilising Bulk Send for Enterprise Customers
Quick Tip Tuesday: Utilising Bulk Send for Enterprise Customers
Enterprise accounts allow you to leverage advanced features of DocuSign to get the most out of your DocuSign experience. One such feature, available only to enterprise customers, is Bulk Sending.
Bulk sending documents is an effective way to get a standardised document out to a large group of people at once. All you need to get started is a comma separated file (CSV file) of recipient names and email addresses to get started.
You can also add customised information from your CSV file to a document. To accomplish this you will need to create a column in your Excel file that exactly matches the field label on your document.
The following image shows an example of a simple CSV file, created in Microsoft Excel. Note the addition of the EmployeeID field - this will be referenced later to include an Employee ID number in a data field on the document.
Note: If your label has spaces or special characters, it may cause issues with matching document information. You can additional include authentication requirements, email messages, and access codes to a document in the CSV file as well.
After creating a CSV file with the desired recipient information, you can use the file to send a document to all recipients contained within.
To Bulk Send a document using a CSV file, follow these steps:
- Log in to your DocuSign account and click the Send tab.
- Upload a document or choose a template you've prepared for use with the Bulk Send feature. Note: If using a template, skip step 6 unless you need to edit or adjust any tags on the template.
- Click Add Bulk Recipient, navigate to the desired CSV file, and click Open.
- Ensure the recipient information is correct, then click Close.
- Enter any additional information, then click Next.
- Tag the document for with any desired tags. If placing data field tag, such as EmployeeID, click the gear icon on the data field tag, enter the label, then click Apply.
Note: The label on the data field must match the column in the CSV file.
- When finished, click Send.
The document will be sent to all recipients. Any custom data field tags, such as EmployeeID in this example, will be automatically populated with the information from the CSV file.
Example of an auto-populated data field on a document.
For more information, review the following guides: