Free The Children DocuSigns to Ensure 90 percent of Donations Directly Help Kids
Global Charity Makes the Most of Every Penny with DocuSign’s Digital Transaction Management Platform
- Free The Children has gone fully digital with DocuSign to lower operating costs to ensure that 90 percent of all donations go towards helping improve lives of children around the world.
- With DocuSign, Free The Children reduces administrative spending, eliminates paper, and streamlines processes requiring signatures like onboarding local and remote volunteers, to digital management of overseas contracts
- DocuSign has partnered with Free The Children as a member of the DocuSign Global Trust Network while supporting its Me to We events since 2012
TORONTO and SAN FRANCISCO—November 18, 2014—Free The Children, an international charity and educational partner that focuses on delivering aid to impoverished children around the world, announced it has standardized on DocuSign, Inc. (DocuSign®) for Digital Transaction Management (DTM). With DocuSign, Free The Children keeps administrative spending to a minimum so it can ensure at least $0.90 of every dollar donated goes to supporting programs that directly benefit children in need around the world.
Free The Children has made its digital transformation with DocuSign, driving efficiency and expense reduction in operations, human resources, purchasing, sponsor and donor relations, volunteer onboarding, program execution and administrative uses. DocuSign eliminates the hassles, costs and lack of security in printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents to empower Free The Children to go fully digital across its operations. With DocuSign, Free The Children saves time and money – all while creating a better experience for volunteers, donors, employees and the children who benefit from the organization’s programs.
To watch how Free The Children is DocuSigning to increase its operational efficiency, view the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6q2g2oLRt0 and read the Free The Children DocuSign case study, .
Craig Kielburger co-founded Free The Children in 1995 when he was 12 years old. Today, the charity has worked in more than 45 countries and maintains seven global field offices. Domestically, the charity’s We Day and We Act programs bring education and service-learning opportunities into schools and empower youth to become active global citizens. Adopt a Village, Free The Children’s global initiative, focuses on helping villages around the world attain self-sufficiency. To date, Free The Children has built more than 650 schools and school rooms, supplied more than one million people with clean water, health care and sanitation, and continues to deliver sustainability, supplies and education to children around the world.
Free The Children staff and volunteers praise the speed, ease-of-use, security and convenience of DocuSigning documents — anytime, anywhere, on any device. Securely. To learn more about DocuSign for small to medium businesses, visit https://www.docusign.com/features-and-benefits/small-and-medium-sized-businesses. To get involved with Free The Children as a volunteer, donor or sponsor, visit http://www.freethechildren.com/get-involved/.
- “In the non-profit world, pennies add up to change lives,” said Craig Kielburger, co-founder of Free The Children. “By using DocuSign, we can take the money we used to spend on administration, overnighting, paper, and other logistics and put it back into what’s important—to bring positive change to children around the world.”
- “As a global charity, on any given day we might sign for a package in Sierra Leone, fill out a visa form in Japan, or onboard a volunteer in Toronto,” added Kielburger. “In order to coordinate that kind of global organization, we depend on digital tools that save us time and make us more efficient. As the global standard for Digital Transaction Management, DocuSign allows us to make best use of our time and energy and ensure that supplies and people get to where they need to go. So whenever we can, we just DocuSign it.”
- “DocuSign is proud to partner with non-profits like Free The Children who are making our world a better place,” said Peter Navin, chief human resources officer at DocuSign. “Our Digital Transaction Management technology drives down administrative costs for charitable organizations everywhere. DocuSign helps non-profits eliminate manual, paper-based processes to streamline operations so that more of every dollar goes to benefiting the cause.”
Free The Children
+1 (416) 925-5894 x350
1 (206) 576-8084
About Free The Children
Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner. Founded in 1995 by international activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children believes in a world where young people are free to achieve their fullest potential, and empowers youth to remove barriers that prevent them from being active local and global citizens. The organization’s domestic programs – which include We Day, Free The Children’s signature youth empowerment event – educate, engage and empower 2.3 million youth across North America and United Kingdom to become engaged global citizens. Its international projects are implemented through a holistic and sustainable development model called Adopt a Village. Currently, Adopt a Village supports community development in eight countries; Kenya, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Ecuador, Haiti, Nicaragua, rural China and India. Through its international programming, Free The Children has brought more than 650 schools and school rooms to youth and provided clean water, health care and sanitation to 1 million people around the world, freeing children and their families from the cycle of poverty.
The organization has received the World's Children's Prize for the Rights of the Child, the Human Rights Award from the World Association of Non‐Governmental Organizations, and has formed successful partnerships with leading school boards and Oprah's Angel Network. For more information, visit www.freethechildren.com
About DocuSign, Inc.
DocuSign® is The Global Standard for Digital Transaction Management™. Global enterprises, business departments, individual professionals, and consumers have standardized on DocuSign, with more than 40,000 new users joining the DocuSign Global Network every day. Today, that network includes millions of users in 188 countries. DocuSign's DTM platform supports legally compliant electronic and digital signature processes tailored to meet requirements globally with localization in 43 languages. Companies and individuals DocuSign to accelerate transaction times to increase speed to results, reduce costs, increase security and compliance, and delight customers across nearly every industry – from financial services, insurance, technology, healthcare, manufacturing, communications, real estate, retail, and consumer goods to higher education, non-profit and others – as well as every business department, including sales, finance, operations, procurement, HR/staffing, legal, and customer support. For more information, visit www.docusign.com or call 877.720.2040. Visit the DocuSign blog at www.docusign.com/blog and follow DocuSign on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Copyright 2014 DocuSign, Inc. All Rights Reserved. DocuSign is a registered trademark of DocuSign, Inc., as are other names and marks. Other marks appearing herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.