New Version of DocuSign Ink Extends the Power of Your Personal Signature
New Signing and Sending Features Makes It Easier Than Ever to Finish Business Faster
SAN FRANCISCO – September 13, 2012 – DocuSign®, the global standard for eSignature, today released a new, even more powerful version of its free DocuSign Ink service – the world’s first personal electronic signature. This new release of the DocuSign Ink mobile app includes enhanced features to further improve how busy consumers and professionals work and live everyday.
Safe, secure and legally binding, the DocuSign Ink for iOS app now includes a more intuitive user interface that makes it even easier to sign and return documents. It also helps users store documents wherever they would like, easily sort and find documents, and even send documents to get information and signatures from others.
“This update to DocuSign Ink makes it more convenient and intuitive than ever,” said Roger Kay, president of Endpoint Technologies Associates. “Such user-inspired features will make DocuSign Ink more accessible to consumers and business professionals across the globe, particularly those who are less tech savvy.”
Customer feedback on DocuSign Ink has been very encouraging. "I use DocuSign Ink every day to help grow my business," said Barry Berkowitz, CEO of audience activation rewards company, Digigraph.me. "I can sign and send contracts and agreements quickly, get notified when someone signs, and keep my business documents all in one place. It's a huge time saver – giving me back hours each week that I can plow into my business."
The new DocuSign Ink app leverages some of DocuSign’s most powerful commercial service features, with even more intuitive design integration proven through extensive user testing. Some of the great new features DocuSign Ink customers will enjoy include:
- A completely redesigned native iOS user interface that’s easier than ever to use.
- New integrations with popular cloud storage solutions to send documents for signature direct from Box, Dropbox and Google. DocuSign Ink users can save signed documents back to these cloud storage sites for easy access.
- New ease in importing multiple documents for signature, searching and sorting documents for easier online management.
- Simple sending of documents to get information and signatures from others including in-person signing on any mobile device. DocuSign Ink customers will receive alert notifications letting them know when documents are signed and complete.
“The new DocuSign Ink puts an even more powerful personal electronic signature in the hands of everyone,” said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO of DocuSign. “We built DocuSign Ink to help busy families, entrepreneurs and small businesses be even more productive by leveraging the easiest, fastest, most secure platform to sign documents and get signatures.”
Since its launch in October 2011, DocuSign Ink has garnered a number of awards, including:
- Top 5 app in Apple App Store Rewind 2011, a collection of Apple’s favorite apps of the year
- Media Post’s 2012 Appy Award for Best Productivity App
- WTIA’s Industry Achievement Award for Best Consumer Product/Service of the Year
"DocuSign Ink saved the day—and my daughter's field trip,” said Sandy Van Valkenburg, DocuSign Ink user. “I had missed a signature on the second page of the field trip authorization. The bus was literally leaving in 15 minutes. The school emailed the form and I DocuSigned—for the first time—in less than five minutes."
DocuSign Ink remains free for users to place text and check boxes to complete forms, sign and return documents, and store their DocuSigned documents in the cloud. DocuSign Ink’s new sending feature helps consumers get information and signatures from others with up to five complimentary sends. Users can then purchase additional envelop credits within the app.
DocuSign Ink runs on the proven DocuSign Global Network already trusted by more than 20 million users to complete nearly 200 million transactions in 188 countries. DocuSign’s business offerings help companies manage the entire process of electronically sending documents, contracts and agreements to collect legally binding signatures, data and payments from customers, employees, partners and suppliers.