Yamaha in Tune with DocuSign for Salesforce
Musical Instruments Giant Sings the Praises of DocuSign’s Electronic Signature Service
SEATTLE - November 10, 2009 - DocuSign, the leading provider of on-demand electronic signature solutions, today announced that Yamaha Corporation of America uses DocuSign to automate the signing process agreements with its network of dealers. With DocuSign for Salesforce, the California-based company can sign-up new dealers and renew existing dealer agreements for its renowned musical instruments. DocuSign for Salesforce dramatically increases agreement compliance rates and provides Yamaha dealers with a fast, convenient method of contracting to sell Yamaha instruments. Like many DocuSign customers, Yamaha uses DocuSign for Salesforce, seamless within Salesforce which enables the company to achieve even greater operational efficiencies.
"DocuSign has transformed our business by automating our sales agreement processes and slashing the cost, time and error rates from our previous paper-based process," said Michael Machado, CRM manager at Yamaha. "Our dealers love the convenience of signing online and now we know the status of every contract at any given moment. From an operational perspective, DocuSign has supercharged our productivity by eliminating a myriad of costly manual processes."
Since 2007, Yamaha dealers worldwide have used DocuSign's on-demand service to digitally sign their annual agreements. Once signed, the contracts are securely stored online for easy retrieval and recordkeeping. Using DocuSign from a Web browser or mobile device, the dealers access and sign their Yamaha agreements online in minutes from any location at any time. Dealers no longer have to wait to receive a contract via snail mail, hassle with mailing it back or filing a paper copy. Since deploying DocuSign, Yamaha's agreements are typically completed within minutes or hours, not weeks or months as was the case before.
The DocuSign Advantage
Yamaha selected DocuSign after reviewing several competing solutions. Yamaha's key criteria for selecting the DocuSign for Salesforce electronic signature solution included the following:
- Ease of Use—DocuSign's intuitive service closely replicates the traditional signing experience, easily meeting Yamaha's top priority that the new solution be readily accepted by their dealers.
- Compliance—With DocuSign, Yamaha created one uniform contract that dealers cannot revise ad hoc, ensuring 100% compliance for all signed contracts. And, all DocuSigned agreements are legally binding, back by a full audit trail.
- Real-time Insight—DocuSign reveals the signing status of every agreement: when it was opened, when it was signed, how long the dealer has had it, and which agreements remain to be signed, enabling Yamaha to manage its channel effectively.
- CRM Integration—By connecting DocuSign to Salesforce, Yamaha can now Close it in the Cloud!" without leaving its CRM system, accelerating close times to minutes. DocuSign automatically populates Salesforce data sets into its service which eliminates the need to re-key data. Using the tools in Salesforce, Yamaha can create reports about contract status.
- Workflow Management—DocuSign automated many backend processes for Yamaha, liberating employees from using a spreadsheet to manually track each agreement that required about 50 touch points across the company.
For more information about the business benefits DocuSign provides Yamaha, read the detailed case study at:
About DocuSign Inc.
DocuSign, Inc. is the leading provider of on-demand software services for electronic signature. DocuSign empowers individuals, small business and global enterprises to operate faster and more efficiently with greater profitability, enhanced security and compliance. DocuSign is the only Web-based service to securely automate and control the entire electronic document signing process. To date, more than 48 million signature events have been executed using DocuSign.
To learn how DocuSign can accelerate your business, visit www.docusign.com or call (866) 219-4318. Subscribe to the DocuSign blog at www.docusign.com/blog. Follow DocuSign on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DocuSign.
DocuSign, the DocuSign logo and "Close it in the Cloud!" are trademarks or registered trademarks of DocuSign, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.